1. and 2. Face the underside of the fish toward you and with a sharp knife start at the stomach cavity.
3. Turn the fish around and run your knife along the backbone.
4. While holding down the pectoral fin cut along the shoulder.
5. and 6. Run your knife along the backbone until the fillet is separated.
7. Locate the pin bones.
8. and 9. With a small pair of sharp nosed pliers pull out the pin bones, there are 28 of them. Make sure you count them!
10. Separate the skin from the fillet.
11. Skin and fillet.
Written by Graham Cumming 2010